Flatshot has just stopped working

mikekmx

it worked fine on this drawing 2 hrs ago but absoulutely nothing happens anymore.

i see "_flatshot" on the command line but that is all that happens.

it works on another drawing. i have purged and audited. closed cad and reopened. tried a new viewport, tried locking & unlocking viewport.

any ideas what has happened and how to fix it please?

AutoCAD Electrical 2008 running in plain AutoCAD mode.

i had to delete all the 2d floorplan and i just left my stuff

i expected it to sort itself out but still the same.

i forgot, when i click flatshot i also get the usual box come up but click ok and then inside the viewport to start the process, but nothing. no clue on the command line either.

ps i know the drawing is a mess - layers/colours wise etc, i'm too busy atm to address this.

thanks

test.dwg

ok, i just re-checked...... neither _flatshot or flatshot work here on this particular drawing. in both casesthe box comes up, i select 'create as block' 'ok' it disappears but that's all....i just get the selection box when i click in the active viewport

opening a random other drawing it is fine.

strange. thanks tho.

btw, what's the difference between _command and command?

What layer are you placing the 2D blocks that Flatshot creates on? Maybe you accidentally turned the layer off or froze it?

doh! i bet that's it!

it's been a seriously long day........i will check & get back!

Do you isolate (freeze) portions of your drawing when you are running Flatshot?

this is the first 3D work drawing i have not started from scratch myself....it was orig a quite large manufacturing facility in 2D with the positions of all the machinery on. I switched off quite a lot, deleted quite a lot, and saved as a new file to work on. i extruded some 2D geometry and then drew some 3D stuff and added some 3D blocks.

so to answer your question, generally yes i usually isolate 1 layer or 2 but in this case it was quite a few layers.

i tried unfreezing them all but no joy.

the drawing i posted had almost everything except my 3D stuff deleted and repeatedly PURGE SAVE AUDIT SAVE....until clean. all other layouts deleted.

tried 'save to file' with flatshot, but same as 'as block'....nothing

_flatshot worked fine on it this afternoon. i just came to do a few more views and it had suddenly stopped.

it's summat in model space...

i opened a new drawing and added the paper layout from the offending drawing. drew a solid in model space, and flatshot works.

copied the model space stuff across from the offending drawing and flatshot will not work.

i have solved the problem.

i exploded everything and it now works....so narrowed it down....there are 2 instances of a block called '355mm take-off'. exploding a certain 1 of them cures the prob.

deleting the 1 instance does not work, and i only have to explode 1 of the 2 instances to get flatshot to work!

Well that's what I mean by isolating things. I would make sure that all layers that contained 2D entities were frozen before running flatshot.

thanks. i am self learning and probably do things terribly wrong, but if it works i'm happy

Explode everything?! That is definitely not an option I would have suggested.

i just tried eveything else i could think of, and just did 'undo' each time then narrowed it down to that 1 block. it was a copy of the orig file i'm working on.

just one of those weird things i suppose - deleting the offending block and purging didn't work, i had to explode it but not necessarily purge :?

Edited by mikekmx