Architectual objects won't display materials

Siberian

First I must tell you that I'm using the Architectual workspace of Acad MEP - not sure if that matters. For some reason my walls, slabs etc. won't display materials. Plain solids like a simple box work like a charm, but that's it. MEP objects also work fine. Not really sure where to start seeing how it works with some things and not others...

Depends on how you're placing the materials. If a "simple box" works just fine, this leads me to believe that you're dragging/dropping materials from the Material Editor directly on the object. That works great for normal solids, but not with AEC Objects. You have to apply materials to the object through the Style Manager. Edit the Wall Style/Slab Style/etc and you'll see the Materials tab.

More on this procedure is in the Help file here:

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadmep/enu/online-help/search#WS64d9a2f0cce09513a6cdf5f98b64ebdd-7ffb.htm