Polyline plotting vs. line plotting thickness

Hi All,

Click this link below to see my issue:

http://postimage.org/image/hpjjo796z/

Despite numerous different efforts, I can't get my polylines to plot at the same weight as my standard lines.

I'm not sure whether my issue is specific to lineweight, thickness or global width..

I've tried the latter two via qselect for all polylines within my selection; this didn't work.

I've put all selected lines (std and poly) into one layer with a layer default lweight. This didn't work either.

My workaround was to xplode all polylines within the selection and then they all plotted as required.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Nic.

Hi ReMark,

I did check the polylines property box; I even tried making a brand new layer and putting the polyline on it and still it plots much thicker than a std line. And all my polylines plot at this heavier thickness.

I'm still guessing that those polylines have a global width. Set the global width of them to 0 (to remove it). If that still doesn't work, upload a part of the file here so that we can take a look at it.

Organic,

Polyline global width was set to 0, checked just before.

When I get a chance I'll upload part of the file.

I just noticed that objects are doing it too. I had a pair of arrows in a door and could not get them to plot with less weight. The difference was obvious when i deselected the show/hide lineweight option.

As such, I'm now thinking it has more to do with lineweights rather than thickness or global width.

Also, I did a test and created a new CAD file and simply drew two lines, one standard and one poly. Both plotted at the same weight, so I am now also thinking that I'm inheriting settings from existing files when I work with them.

• 1 month later...

Polylines plot according to their assigned width. Even if a very thick lineweight is assigned to a color or layer, a polyline with a global width of 0 will plot very thin.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Miscille but sometimes I want lineweight scales plotted. Unchecking the box does prove, however, that the issue relates to the weight of the line/object/pline. Then on top of that what Rob has said is also true, in relation to polylines. I've moved on from this project but the thing still bothers me.