Map editing- can't select GRID and Legend

Autonewb

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question.

I have to ad a object to the legend of a map in autocad.

The map contains a grid with on the right lower corner a legend window.

Someone else drew some tents and fences on the map and most of the object were copied and placed in the legend with the text next to them explaining what the object is.

If i turn off layer 0 both the objects as well as the grid and legend disapear (means they are all drawn on layer 0) all other layers are the background of the map.

Problem is that I can select the objects drawn on the map but when i copy and drag them to the legend window they dissapear behind the legend.

Even if I order them to be op top or in front of other objects they stay behind the white retangular that contains te legend.

Another problem is that the legend and the grid aren't selectable, is there a way to make them selectable again?

Thanks in advance,

Think the main problem is that I can't seem to be able to select the grid and legend objects (they are not on a other locked layer)

Another thing:

When I isolate the object (tent) I want to add to the legend, the grid and legend stays visible (normaly everthing should dissapear except for the selected object)

One last thing:

When I choose select all on layer 0, it selects all drawn objects except for the legend and grid, while when I turn off the layer 0 the legend and grid dissapear too.

Edited by Autonewb

Perhaps you are in Paper space, working in Model space through the viewport. Then you would not be able to select the Grid and Legend objects because they are in Paper space. :?

Have you investigated the Change Space command?