Data Tables content linked to Excel?

lasan

Hi,

It's my first post in this forum, I hope this is the right place to post my question.

Im using Autocad Map 2011 and I have a DWG file with hundreds of data tables (2x2) spread all over a map. All table content is in text, and they have a cell with an ID (manually inserted in autocad - in the first top/left cell)

My goal is to link the data table contents to an excel spreadsheet, so that i can update table values from excel.

Can someone help me?

Attached its a dwg file to get the idea.

Drawing1.dwg

I am not 100% sure the difference from regular ACAD to Map, but from what I can see on normal ACAD you would have to set up an individual data link for each table you have inserted (easiest way would be through a named range in you Excel file).

That is the only way I can think of OOB, there are likely LISP routines/addins that will allow this to be done more efficiently.

This may be a solution and Blocks could be used rather than table. I have not used this product myslef, but I have been wanting to take a look at it for some time now.

Sorry for late reply.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mike_Taylor, thats exacly what im trying to avoid, to link individually each data table. But Im going to try your suggestion, on the second post. I will give feedback.

Im not sure if this makes sense, but here it goes...

If I had the information in excel and the only think i need from cad data tables was the coordinates to use as a key to table id (content from first cell) would it be easier to solve?

You can link N Excel records (each containing M fields) to N Autocad ID's, but the result won't be a beautiful table like yours.

With the command _MAPDEFINELT, you'll get N objects, each containing M "object datas", visible in Properties.

:)

Rather than having real time data links you could run a lisp that read the excel and updated the tables like wise add a table - add to excel. It only requires the table ID to be part of excel data.