Plotting to PDF versus plotting to Printer

Mertchel

I'm attempting to plot a drawing with a 3d shape and a title block around it. I would like for the occluded lines to not be drawn therefore I'm using the hidden visual style and set shade plot to hidden as well.

My problem arises from the quality of the plot to PDF versus the quality coming out of a printer. It is just a 8.5x11 page. The pdf comes out with horrible anti-aliasing and jagged lines, whereas the print is entirely smooth. Is there something simple I'm missing? It would be even better to find a way to make the plot to PDF come out in vector format! I know it is possible to show the layers and have them vectorized in a PDF... How is this done?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Are you actually plotting the PDF or just seeing it in the preview?

Are you using the DWG to Pdf.pc3? If so, after selecting the plotter, select Properties, then Custom Properties and there is a check box for "Include layer Information".

Can you post a prtion of your .dwg?

same here....and i never ever plot directly to plotter, always to pdf. for years i just put up with it. increasing the dpi in the pdf print setting makes even wierder things happen so dpi is about 150

nice to know that if i ever did plot direct to paper there is a chance it would look better, but who uses paper?

3x3.DWG

This is the drawing I'm trying to print to pdf. I'm sure there are a lot of things wrong with it but I'm just learning my way around 3d.

2d wireframe plotted to pdf has perfect lines. I am wondering if I can make a custom visual style that hides lines and has the sharpness of 2d wireframe when plotted. I've gone through google several times searching for vector and layer output and have still yet to find it. I have the full version of acrobat 11 so if there is a way to import the dwg file itself into a pdf maybe that's it. Actually going to try that right now - I'm at my wits end with plotting and visual styles!

Thanks for the replies!

I guess the solution since it doesn't need to have perspective is to just redraw the lines I want and plot to pdf with the 2d wireframe mode. Not sure how this'll make my text look though.