Closed Polyline Area by Layer

memphis710

Hey All,

Bit of an ask here but I have 1180 individual drawings that we have now been asked to interrogate and provide the sqm area of a particular set of polylines.

We have been showing the demarcation of ownership of a number of properties and now we need to give the sqm areas of these. We have one polyline per layer to show this demarcation and the layering names are consistent across all drawings

Is there some way of writing an LSP that could tabulate the sqm of any polyline in each of the 5/6 layers we have?

Cheers

Ollie

From your computer details, are you using ACad for Mac? Or are you using a normal Windows ACad through Parallels or such? If the former, I'm not too sure how to go about such - I don't think there's a way of doing it, not through lisp that is, possibly through ObjectiveC (but that means you're programming in ObjectARX).

If the later, it might be possible to get such tabulation through the built-in command: DataExtract. http://www.cadalyst.com/cad/autocad/extract-data-circles-and-lines-autocad-tutorial-9213

You could also write a lisp which uses ObjectDBX to pull such info from multiple DWGs, but again that needs ActiveX and that means only Windows.

Edit: Here's a quick screen cast of how to use Data Extract.

Edited by irneb

As my software details say, I'm using C3D 2012 so am running in W7 (is now under bootcamp so straight W7).

Have looked at data extract but I can't seem to pin it to only the layers I'm interested in. Leaves a large amount of void data to sift through when dealing with high volumes of drawings but may suffice.

I have no programming, or ObjectDBX experience to was only enquiring if there was an LSP out there thad did this or something similar I could tweak to suit...

cheers anyway.