Batting Line Type fit

I have an assignment to draw a bathroom. I have walls that are spaced 3 5/8 inches apart and the drawing shows insulation batting between them. When I use the batting insulation linetype and run a line between the walls the batting symbol extends beyond the 3 5/8 inch walls. how do I get it to fit between? Thanks.

No, I am just using a line. I am using standard AutoCAD 2013, and my walls are just made up of lines, so when I went to put the batting in between, I drew a line (batting) between my two existing wall lines. What if my lines were 6" apart, how would that work getting the batting or a zigzag to size? I feel like I am missing something fundamental here.

The width is controlled by the linetype scale so that willl have to be over ridden. Personally I much prefer a dynamic block to show this as it can be scaled much better.

The linetype scale can be adjusted in your Properties palette.

Someone, somewhere has probably come up with a dynamic batting block. Should be relatively easy to find.

A7_Bathroom1.dwg

Sorry to be so dense, but what is the height of the line when I draw it. The standard linetype scale is 1. I can change it and the batting height changes, but what is the actual height of the batting originally. I will need that to get the scale correctly (to fit my 3 5/8" space), correct? And, since it is technically just a line, I can't measure the height of the batting. I have attached my drawing to see if what I am saying makes sense. Thanks!

I'd use a linetype scale factor of nothing greater than 4. That way your insulation is not tight to the studs.

If you are using dimensional lumber why aren't your studs 1 1/2x3 1/2?

Why do I also see 3 3/8" elsewhere in your drawing?

Is there a reason that you show insulation at each end of your grab bar? Odd.

Thanks, You must be a teacher. I am just using the handout they gave me that already has the all the dimensions on it. I also wondered about the 3 3/8", but I am just drawing what is there. They show the insulation touching the wall, which is why I started my conversation to see if there was a way to make it exact. But, your advice is much more sound. The insulation shown at the end of the grab bars is a mistake. Sometimes with AutoCad 2013, it seems to do strange things. Probably operator error, but I was clearly on the fixture layer when I drew those lines and it used the batting linetype. This is off topic, but another error that found is if I draw an ellipse and a line or shape to array around the path of the ellipse it will not work. It does a strange configuration. My teacher confirmed that one.

I appreciate your help...

No, I am not a teacher but I did play one in a high school play. LoL

You were attempting to complete an array around an entire ellipse? Try splitting the ellipse in half the long way. Now attempt the array. If it works then mirror the results.

The setting for PELLIPSE has to be "1" not "0".

The batting I wrote had a height factor in it hence could be used within reason for any width sorry its copyrited. but they are multiple patterns and are plines.

Big hint there some lisp to do this search for them under "batting"