Using Title Block Templates

j4cksincl4ir

Thanks to the advice given to me in this forum, I was able to draw A1, A3 and A4 title blocks in model space before giving each of these title block drawings a layout paperspace tab at the correct paper size.

I wanted to be able to start new drawings with the title blocks and paper sizes already done.

But what happens when the beginning of a new drawing project is with a drawing that someone else has already done? I am starting a new project and I would like to focus in one one room in a large building. This means that I plan to end up with a 1:50 drawing of a room on my pre-set A3 sheet and title block.

Do I import this person's drawing into my drawing of the three title blocks in model space with the three paperspace tabs or do I import the title blocks into the other person's floor plans?

Thanks for replying.

Do I still do as you suggested if the A3 title page is saved in the same drawing as the A1 and A4 title pages (in model space, I have them drawn beside each other)?

Thanks for replying.

Do I still do as you suggested if the A3 title page is saved in the same drawing as the A1 and A4 title pages (in model space, I have them drawn beside each other)?

I would have each one as its own file, then insert just the size needed.

For new files you could have each of the three titleblocks inserted on three separate layouts in your template file.