Enterprise CUIx file dropping from my Workspace when it's updated

tzframpton

We are building a custom CUIx file for enterprise level distribution, company wide. When any changes are made to the CUIx file, it's still partially loaded but the Ribbon Tabs/Panels drop off the Workspace. Any ideas on what's going wrong? Or any workarounds at all?

One thing I thought of was the AWS file, but those are all local, per user, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to a screenshot:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4989089/Images/cadtutor/2013-03-04/CUIx.png

When I open AutoCAD after the CUIx file has been updated on our network (simple things, like editing a macro, nothing like a huge overhaul), notice that the Tabs checkbox is unchecked, which kicks it off the Ribbon. I have to check this every time. This is definitely going to be considered unacceptable if this issue pours over on everyone else's workstation.

:(

You didn't mention what version... Presumably 2012+?

Why do you need to close your session to reload the CUIx? Just use Menuload Command.

If the Ribbon component is still missing (Workspaces freak out when there's a lot added), just restore your workspace after Menuload.

Sorry, vanilla 2011 @ work.

And what I do is switch Profiles to make my edits. If I switch back to my original Profile, or restart AutoCAD, etc... it kicks off the Workspace. Is this not the best way in doing this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Sorry, vanilla 2011 @ work.

No worries; just curious.

And what I do is switch Profiles to make my edits. If I switch back to my original Profile, or restart AutoCAD, etc... it kicks off the Workspace. Is this not the best way in doing this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

... Why don't you just Edit the Enterprise CUI? :thumbsup:

Dude!! You are the man... worked flawlessly. Thanks!!

Anytime. That one's been very useful to me over the past couple of years... I'm glad you found it useful as well. :beer: