How to rotate crosshairs without rotating drawing...?

Moments ago my crosshairs in the model space decided to rotate :S No idea how i did this! I tried to undo, but apparently the damage is done.

I came across a thread on another website about trying UCS, world & plan etc which I tried.

While this did rotate my crosshairs to be straight and normal again, it rotated all of my drawings :(

I have numerous sections on the page and unfortunately they all became rotated.

Is there a way to rotate the crosshairs and not change my drawing??

ok, no idea how this happened, but i went into my paper space to move a few drawings.....went back into model space and now my crosshairs are normal again :S

anyone have any idea how this could have happened? just so i know what i've done if it happens again next time :)

ok, no idea how this happened, but i went into my paper space to move a few drawings.....went back into model space and now my crosshairs are normal again :S

anyone have any idea how this could have happened? just so i know what i've done if it happens again next time :)

I'm guessing you were active inside a viewport whose view has been rotated (mvsetup when in the viewport).

It's fixed. Who knows how. But for future refrence...

Rotate the UCS: type UCS, Z, then type in the rotation angle or pick two points.

Rotate the view: type PLAN and hit Enter twice to align the drawing orientation.

To get UCS back to normal: type UCS and hit Enter twice.

Rotate the view back: type PLAN and Enter twice.

Whatever you do, rotate the linework as a fix as a very last resort ONLY if you have determined that it was the linework and not the view that was actually rotated.

Another easy way to figure the rotated view vs rotated linework is to copy the linework to a new file - everythng should go back to orig orientation if the view was rotated. Rotated line work will paste in rotated from orig orientation.

Edited by tmld

To get UCS back to normal: type UCS and hit Enter twice.

Be careful the enter twice must be set to "W" for world and extra "plan" goes down well also

Simplest is UCS OB pick an object Plan. Caution though 3d objects can do weird things.

Dont forget UCS S to save your multiple UCS settings.