DDe_damen

Dear reader,

In our company we encounter the following problem. If I zoom in or out when I am in Mtext (in paperspace) there will be an ghost duplicate shown. So far not a big issue because it dissapears most of the time when exiting the command.

But sometimes it stays. I can't get rid of it unless I close down ACAD. I can't select it and it won't be printed at all (not even a dot). The same thing happens in a couple of more situations and also with different objects. I tried a lot of things but can't get it solved.

Do you hav any Ideas?

If I set my layout switching on "regen when switchinglayouts" this solves the problem sometimes as wel but even then with around 350 users it is not alway the solution (on top of it not being so convinient), so it still does not fixes the problem. This does make me wonder if there are cache setting which may be causing the problems.

What I also discovered is it's only starts occuring (MTEX example) when I have my first viewport in paperspace.

We also tried a machine from our consultant agency which had exactly the same hardware and also the same graphic driver (ACAD certified). The machine did have it's own network installation and so did not use our customization (though it did uses the same version ACAD).

Any ideas?

You have any screen shots?

Is there a titleblock being used that was created by an older version of AutoCAD or other Cad program?

Can you post one of the drawings?

Of course I have.

Here is one.

It is a standard ACAD new dwg. I switched to the "Empty" lay-out, placed 1 ViewPort and 1 multiline text with 1 time the word test.

As you can see I am still in the Mtext command and I only zoomed in (when I already was in the command). Most of the time when I exit the command this extra test text (the ghost image) dissapears. But sometimes like I said before it stays. And it shoud not be there in the first place.

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards Daniel

08-03-2013 07-28-31.jpg

Can you post a drawing file?

Not sure on your problem, my involved old titleblocks. I contacted Autodesk and their solution was redo the titleblocks! (they worked fine in AutoCAD 2005)

Yours could be graphics card related, have you checked for new drivers?

I moved your thread to the AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks forum.

Dear SLW210,

Off course I could. But there is no us e to do this. The moment I open this file, the image is gone. Also it doen not start to appear when I save but beforehand. So it does not generates because of the version I save in.

If it this is usefull please inform me so I can still post it.

Kind regards Daniel

Dear SLW210,

Off course I could. But there is no us e to do this. The moment I open this file, the image is gone. Also it doen not start to appear when I save but beforehand. So it does not generates because of the version I save in.

If it this is usefull please inform me so I can still post it.

Kind regards Daniel

It is a graphics card issue, probably. Next time it happens simply type regen.

Regen does not work, regen all does not work and even if I set regen when switching lay-outs on it sometimes remains.

Graphicalcard can be the problem but in the mainwhile I checked other hardware as well and even ACAD 2013. But it still occurs.

If someone has still some idea's please let me know.

We are also going to escalate the problem to Autodesk

I still have the graphic issue where if I use Ctrl+C everything looks like it's white. If I close the drawing and open again, it is all back to normal, until next Ctrl-C. It doesn't affect anything else (doesn't print, doesn't appear in Properties) than just graphic, so I've just chalked it down as a graphic glitch. It sounds like this is the same. Always good to make sure that Autodesk is informed about the issue, but besides hopeing the issue is not there in the next version of AutoCAD, I wouldn't spend time trying to figure it out...

Another strange but only mildly irritating graphics phenomenon...

I occasionally have several of the nearby but outside of boundary area, attributed blocks, multileaders or dimensions turn white when in hatch preview. weird but they revert to the original color after accepting the hatch.

It must really be hard to write good program code for graphics.