Black lines inside a viewport

I recently had to reload my Autocad and in doing so I now see all the coloured lines inside the viewport in paperspace. Previously these lines were in black, how can I return the viewport to that setting.

Cheers:)

What colored lines are you referring to?

When I am drawing in model space the lines representing all the parts of the objects are different colours and when in the viewports they were all black. Trying to get back to that

Isn't that a "check box" in the plot dialog? I've never used 2007 LT so I'm just guessing.

Edit: I don't see it now. I'll go back to what I was doing.

Perhaps a plot style setting?

Why wouldn't you want to see the colors?

Will look at that.

I can see the elevations, floor plans etc better when they are in black, and I think it looks "smarter

You aren't talking about the Plot Preview by any chance are you?

No, after completing my drawing work in model space, i then use the existing view ports to locate the correct part of the drawing and it is at this point I would like to show all the lines black. Thanks for the perseverance :)

I've yet to find a way to do that.

Thanks for the effort.

The guy I used to work with set it up, not sure how he found out how to do it, but haven't spoken to him since I was made redundant and then he left the firm we used to work for.

Well maybe someone else here knows the answer. We'll just have to hope they come across your thread and provide us both with the solution.

The color can be overriden by viewport (not sure about in 2007 LT) or in the Page Setup Manager near top right under Plot Style Tables check the box for Display Plot Styles, if the plot style is monochrome the lines should all be black.

In your page setup manager for each layout tabe you have the underneath your pen assignemtn drop down make sure that "Display Plot Styles" is checked.

• 11 months later...

- Open up 'Edit Page Setup' or via the 'Page Setup Manager - Modify' for the particular layout [You can set different layouts to display alternatively].

- In the section where you would select your pen styles, there is a check box underneath this drop down menu called 'Display Plot Styles'.

- If you check this box, the lines will be the colour which they will print, if left unchecked they will display as the same colours as in the model space.

Hope you come right! :)

Click inside the viewport to make it active.

Use your layer manager to change the color of the lines in that viewport only by finding the "VP Color" column and changing their layers to the desired color. Hope this helps...