Problem with right click commands in AutoCAD 2011

Baber62

Hi All,

I am having a problem with AutoCAD 2011. Here's the problem step by step:

1. Select a line

2. Right click and select polyline

3. Select width

Here's where the problem arises. ACAD used to prompt for a width now it runs the PEDIT command and asks me to select a line and then gives the usual pedit commands via the command line.

Not sure what has happened here but would appreciate any advice on how to reset this.

I'm having trouble duplicating your problem, but would suspect a CUI problem related to your right clicks. Maybe a repair of AutoCAD will clear it up.

Don't think this will help, but could it have anything to do with your 'Right Click Customization' in Options >>> User Prefs?

In my limited experience, no version has ever prompted me for width after-the-fact OOTB. Perhaps this is some internal customization?

In my limited experience, no version has ever prompted me for width after-the-fact OOTB. Perhaps this is some internal customization?

Default OOTB behavior, Select Pline>Right-Click>Polyline>Width>(Command line or Dyn Input) Specify new width for all segments:

Default OOTB behavior, Select Pline>Right-Click>Polyline>Width>(Command line or Dyn Input) Specify new width for all segments:

Civil 3D does not provide that as a Right Click menu option at all:

ct_line.right.click.menu.png

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help. Solution has been found here's the link

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?77961-Problem-with-right-click-commands-in-AutoCAD-2011

Basically change QAFLAGS to 0. This worked for me.

The problem is that when AutoCAD crashes it upsets some of the macros which run the CUI, check that copy, polyline etc commands from CUI do not have the ^C inserted in front of them.

Baber Beg

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help. Solution has been found here's the link

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?77961-Problem-with-right-click-commands-in-AutoCAD-2011

Basically change QAFLAGS to 0. This worked for me.

The problem is that when AutoCAD crashes it upsets some of the macros which run the CUI, check that copy, polyline etc commands from CUI do not have the ^C inserted in front of them.

Baber Beg

Baber the link which you have provided is to this thread,

not sure why we would want to use it, as we are already here? :)

Baber the link which you have provided is to this thread,

... Awesome :rofl:

I have to ask though, Baber, of the many suggestions provided you, which was the 'solution'? :unsure:

Hi Guys,

The thread can be found here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-MEP/MEP-2012-PickFirst-not-working/td-p/3296081

Settings that solved this for me were the following:

Pickfirst set to 1

Dynmode set to 3

Qaflags set to 0

and check the CUI incase any unneccessary ^C have been added in front of the commands i.e for my right click when I selected polyline and tried to adjust the width the CUI command had "^C^C_pedit _width \_exit". I removed the "^C^C_".

The above solved my issues. I hope this helps you as well.

@SLW210

When I looked on a colleagues machine the "^C^C" was not included on his shortcut menu command for a polyline.

What was happening was that with a polyline selected (whose width I wanted to adjust), the double cancel command invoked the pedit command and would then require me to select the polyline again and follow through with the pedit from the command line to adjust the width. In autocad 2010 and later versions when you select a polyline and right click you see a polyline command has been added to the shortcut menu. When you click on this a further shortcut menu is opened allowing you adjust the width when this has been selected it's a matter of simply using the numpad on the keyboard to enter the required width and press enter. Rather than the laborious task of having to go through the pedit command.

I hope this explains it SLW210.

I know all that and use it that way myself, in my AutoCAD the command for pedit width is ^C^C_pedit _width \_exit, just as you HAD and what is SUPPOSED to be there, the ^C^C is not your problem.

If you prefer not to repair it correctly, that is fine by me, I was just letting you know your Macro was correct before you edited it.