More revit families

kililio

Hi,

Revit lacks families, and I would like to know where I could download them for free and if it exist family packages for specific room ie kitchen etc

So that I won't have to download every Component one by one like on this site http://www.revitcity.com

Can I create my own component in cinema 4d?

Thx!

I haven't come across anything like you suggest. Building a family library that suits your needs takes time and research. More than likely you will also have to create some on your own.

Edited by RobDraw

If your Revit is lacking families, are you sure your installation is correct? Revit has a LOT of families OOTB.

You cannot build a Revit family in any program other than Revit.

If you're looking for manufacturer specific families, perhaps contact that manufacturer directly.

I believe there's also a thread here on CADTutor with links to online family libraries.

-Edit-

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?32298-Sites-Offering-Free-3D-Models

I am looking for Vinyl siding and treated lumber for my outside deck in Autodesk Seek. I can't find it. If someone knows where I cam find it then please help me

• 3 weeks later...

How are you planning to draw that? Are you looking to some form of "curtain wall" symulating the siding panels or simply a material which looks like the real thing? Or some other idea?

I haven't got into making my own materials. I finished the book house and I'm hurrying to finish my design house before the semester needs. I guess i could on acad Will that work? I want to delete 3ds from my computer and install revit so I can work at home.

• 6 months later...
Hi,

Revit lacks families, and I would like to know where I could download them for free and if it exist family packages for specific room ie kitchen etc

So that I won't have to download every Component one by one like on this site www.revitcity.com

Can I create my own component in cinema 4d?

Thx!

We've just set up http://www.bimbandit.com

You can download some good quality revit families and BIM content here.

We've gone for a clean simple to use site with large clear thumbnails that make it easy to navigate and browse for content.