DWG Trueview

svrkjg

Hello All

Can I or someone markup the drawing with notes if needed. For example if I send to someone to view and then want me to make a change, can they markup what the changes should be?

BR

KenJG

Or you could try AutoCAD WS.

The person marking up the drawing does not need to have a copy of AutoCAD. You can also use an iPad for marking up :D

Good call Eldon, one could put the DWG on a site like DropBox or Box and grant the other user read access. I know the desktop version of AutoCAD WS can read from DropBox and Box so I would guess the tablet version can too.

AutoCAD WS is complete within itself, so you do not have to use Dropbox or box.

You send the e-mail with permission to view only or to edit (add comments). More than one can be looking at the same drawing with a keyboard chat facility, and the cursors have each persons name on, except with an iPad, there is no cursor.

AutoCAD WS is complete within itself, so you do not have to use Dropbox or box.

Yeah, I know that. I was just giving an example of sharing a file. Not the only example just (1) example of the options available.

Hello All,

Thank you all for your great help.

I'm new to AutoCad WS. I uploaded a file and I cannot view the drawing, either in PDF or DWG. I only my company logo, strange. Any ideas?

Ken

Edited by svrkjg
mistype

You can display the size of the file that you have uploaded, and see from the size whether you have uploaded just the logo or the complete drawing.

Hello All Again,

I found what happened for viewing the DWG files. Thanks again for ALL your help.

See you next time.

Ken

Edited by svrkjg
error

• 6 months later...

I'm pretty new at forums and hope this isn't a violation of protocol recommending something outside ACAD. But I plot all my drawings to a single file/multi-page PDF then I use AdobeAcrobat-Pro to send via comments/attach for email review. It sends the drawing to my client for PDF review with mark up tools. All he has to do is mark it up and click on the send button and it sends back to me. The program is not cheap but I use it all the time and it has paid for itself many times over.

I'm pretty new at forums and hope this isn't a violation of protocol recommending something outside ACAD. But I plot all my drawings to a single file/multi-page PDF then I use AdobeAcrobat-Pro to send via comments/attach for email review. It sends the drawing to my client for PDF review with mark up tools. All he has to do is mark it up and click on the send button and it sends back to me. The program is not cheap but I use it all the time and it has paid for itself many times over.
This website is not "AutoCAD Tutor" it is "CAD Tutor". You are more than welcome to talk about any and all programs that help end users accomplish their goals.