Solid fill between surfaces

nic6911

Hi.

I have a model where i need to make a solid fill between some surfaces to get a solid 3D model.

After a lot of trying and searching I am now asking for help.

I have attached the a pic of the drawing showing where i wan't to fill.

I have tried using LOFT but it doesn't fill or it creates a solid cone instead. The thing i need is the "negative" for a cone. I have also tried to use Shell after LOFT created a cone, but that didn't work either...

regards Nic

Unavngivet.jpg

Good call ReMark. @nic, for the record, anytime you find yourself trying to "patch" a 3D solid, you've done something wrong. Just something to remember when venturing off into 3D solid modeling.

:)

....for the record, anytime you find yourself trying to "patch" a 3D solid, you've done something wrong.

Huh, I guess I was doing something wrong this morning.

I needed to define the contact face for loading a hook for FEA analysis.

On the left you can see the Patch I created after deleting out some faces. Note the difference between the left side and the right side (which looks like the left side did before my patching up the model).

Patch.png

There is a similar command in AutoCAD (surfpatch) that looks to me like would have worked in this case as well (with surfsculpt), but of course a solid Revolve is much easier.

Notice that I had used a Patch much earlier in the design too, to close up a hole that would have been otherwise difficult to do.

Patch1.png

Now with the patches I had the faces where the chains, cables or belts would load the hook and I could find out how much the intended load (200 T) would deflect the hook (about 40" wide).

FEA.png