Sync a project navigator project with Autodesk WS or 360

hertz hound

What methods are you guys using to keep two computers, a county away, up to date with the same project navigator files? From what I saw in a brief tutorial, that when you upload/share a drawing in WS it also uploads the X-ref's. What about the other files that make it a project navigator file?

Right now I have the project on my work computer. The field trailer gets PDF's DWF's NWD's and a TeklaBimSight model. Any field changes have been over the phone or DWF mark-ups. I will eventually be on the site and need to keep up with as-builts and additions in the 3-D model. The bulk of the work will be on my work computer (could be home or office), but the twin computer (subscription) is on site. It seems a waste of time to make mark-ups to myself in the field when I can just make the changes. But I don't want to crash the system because of trying to swap out or re-path a view or construct file.

How would you guys handle something like this?

As soon as I can I have got to learn Revit!!!!

I have Safe sync that comes free with my anti-virus. It has 50gb of storage. I will have to try that. I was thinking that the copper DSL phone connection to the site trailer that is also being shared with the mechanical contractor would slow things down? I guess with synching you are actually working on a local file on the hard drive? Maybe it won't be to slow. The office estimator has a program that he can run his office computer from home but he is actually accessing the computer and it has to be on. That type of set up seems too slow for what I would need.

I was also hoping that AutoCad had something to offer for people on a subscription. I can't tell if Buzzsaw is an extra or not. It mentions something about design suite, but we only have design suite standard. I guess that is what they are calling AMEP now to make you feel that it is worth the cost, and they can't part out plain cad and archeticture?

It's the downfall of the file format, to be honest. Well, this is to the best of my knowledge anyways.

Here's the reason Dropbox works great for me. First off, it's free. Also, Dropbox uses Delta Encoding, which only syncs & uploads the latest piece of a file, not the whole file in its entirety. When you have two or more users who install and use the same user account information, then you're essentially running a server like environment by use of Cloud Syncing service (needs to be installed using identical directory pathing, however). If you're using the Project Navigator in AMEP (which you should be, especially two or more people are on the project), then if someone's accessing a file, it'll show in the other user's Project Navigator screen and vice versa.

I've been using Dropbox for my own personal projects since 2009-10ish, and have nothing but great results and success between all my devices (home computer, laptop, mobile phone and web access).

Hope this helps. :)