Editing a .dwt file of a drawing format to change a graphic.

kraz4wine

I have drawing template files created by a former employee that need to have the old company logo removed and replaced in the title block. If I double click on the title block, all information displays, except the graphic for the logo. If I explode it, I lose all the .dwt formatting. How can I replace the logo without losing the formatting of the rest of the drawing template?

the exisiting logo was a jpeg image. I wish to replace it with a .dwg block that is a drawing of the logo so it does not need to link back to the location of the jpeg image. We open the drawings in different company locations, and do not want logos tied to a local computer in another state. I can delete the logo and insert the new block, but then all of the other attributes show up as text instead of the little square placeholders. That is the problem. When I update exiisting drawings, I want to insert the template file with the same name (modified), and have it retain all of the attributes on that particilar drawing, as there are hundreds to update. Hope this helps. thnx.

It sounds like you need to edit the block instead of exploding it. You can easily replace the logo inside the block and keep your attributes. Don't forget to save the template as a template.

Welcome to the forum.

thanks. done that. Maybe, having never made a template with attributes in the format/title block, I just don't understand how to get the text for each attribute to 'disappear' after I save it as the existing .dwt name. For example, attribute for DWGNUMBER to not display the actual text.

tried editing the dwt file, replacing the logo. saving as dwt, then saving as .dwg. I then opened a known dwg with the wrong logo and inserted the d-size format (same name). Typically, this would then tell me that the block already exists, and ask if I want to redefine it. I click to redefine it and it changes. But with this format with all the attributes, it tells me it is invalid.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks cyber angel. Editing the block inside each dwg worked. A couple of extra steps than just reinserting the format, but it got me out of the woods.