Lisp for Pipe-cut

prashanthmsp

Hey people!

I know this has been discussed a few times in the forum before, but I still could not find a solution to my problem!

I have pipes connecting to each other at an angle. One of them needs to be cut along the surface of the of the other.

I want a development of the cut surface.

I found a routine by paulmcz(pipecut- see here) which came almost close to my requirement.

Two things which are missing in this routine:

1) Should be able to enter two different diametes :for header and branch pipes

2) Should be able to enter lateral offset of 24mm as shown in the attached pdf

Pipe-cut.pdf

Edited by prashanthmsp
Added links

We are already using another 3D modelling tool (Tekla structures) and it does not make sense moving to inventor only for this purpose!

Perhaps your company should re-evaluate the software they are using. In the meantime you can download a free 30-day trial of Inventor off the AutoDesk website. Or maybe the task can be done using Inventor Fusion? I'm not sure but someone here should know.

So. in the meantime, you are looking for someone to tweak the lisp routine you mentioned to fit your specific criteria. Does that about sum it up?