How to recover dwg files from "pagefile.sys " or from "hiberfil.sys" files ?

turboCAD

Hello !

I had a hdd crash, I took the hdd to data recovery and they did recover something but some of the important dwg files are invalid.

From my understanding, computers use two files: pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys to store data used at a given time, for quick access (and other reasons). I have these files from the broken hdd but I don't know how to open them.

Does anyone know how they can be opened?

Has anyone successfully recovered dwg files from them? the computer does it all the time so there must be a way (if someone from the FBI is reading this, please help).

Thank you !

I doubt you'll get anything of any value from either of those files. It's best to stop beating your head against a rock when the bleeding becomes profuse. I think you have reached that point.

To get a readable version of the contents of hiberfil.sys I think you'll need a program called Sandman by Matthieu Suiche. You might find some more information here...

http://msuiche.net/con/bhusa2008/Windows_hibernation_file_for_fun_%27n%27_profit-0.6.pdf

...but you better be a diehard computer nerd.

You'll need a copy of the Sleuth Kit to gain access to the pagefile.sys.

Edited by ReMark