View Range Problems

addesigns

Why is it that when I adjust the bottom clip and vew depth in my enlarged stair plan it does not cut out the lower portion. I have the top plan and cut plan correct and it cuts off where it should, but when I adjust either the bottom plan or view depth or vice versa to show just a litle below, it does not cut the stairs off. Its shows the whole thing and I dont want it to show all the stairs below. I have no underlay showing. I just cant figure out why it wont cut. Also, what is the point of view depth if that is what the botom plane is?

I don't use Detail Views for things like enlarged plans. I duplicate the View, categorize it, use the Detail View tool but I reference the View instead, to keep the associativity with the callout bubble. Using the View Range on a Plan View behaves much better than using an actual Detail View. There are problems and limitations to a Detail View because the slicing plane make things look much differently than a normal Plan View.

Furthermore, I use Plan Regions around stairs a lot to isolate an area where I need a View Range to effect just the stairs differently than the rest of the View. Primarily to control the stair cut symbol.

Hope this helps.