more problems

WIGGUM

I am not sure the best way to post my issues as i do have a few with AutoCAD Electrical 2013.

I will run off a few here that i hope are simple to fix. (but expect lots more coming over the next few months)

1st does anyone have/know a symbol to use for a fused terminal and earth terminal

2nd does anyone use AutoDesk Vault to store their drawings? and if so when checking in/out a project will the vault up rev the project once checked back in? really i just need to understand better what happens with drawings/projects and the vault.

The above (reply #2) did not work it only up loaded 1 symbol I have a complete electrical library but can not figure out how to get it up loaded.

Sorry I forgot that I deleted the other post because it did not work.

Edited by welldriller

Still working on this I have read the FAQ forum on how do I attach a file to a post but not sure how to get the information to you by using "NEW POST or NEW THREAD" I have the electrical, mechanical & architectural symbols but can not get the up loaded as of yet. I will keep trying ma get lucky :?

starting at the end, you attach a file using the "Go Advanced" button underneather your reply. Also, if you keep using the "Reply to Thread" Button your posts will be linked and you will then be more likely to get a coherant reply.

As for the correct symbol that should all be done in the set up. I don't have AutoCAD at home but when I use electrical at work you have to insert you symbols through the dialogue box invoked by either the palette or menu. Trying to do it any other way will not give you the benifit of using electrical. If you are not getting the dialogue box I would question whether electrical has been insatlled correctly.

========================

I have jsut realised this may just be an electrical question relating to normal AutoCAD posted in the wrong forum. If so then ignore my response about using the dialogue.

Thank dbroada I will give a try

WIGGUM -> I found this in one of my fils -- it will show you what a earth ground looks like

Will try to get the complete electrical symbols to you later. Well that did not work either It said that upload failed.

Be back later

Hi dbroada Just noticed something you are using ELECTRICAL 2011 and I have the dinosaur AUTOCADLT 2000

I imagine that you have symbols built into your program -- I had to buy separate disk with the symbols on them

I have loaded the symbols into a file folder on my desk top -- I can not find out how to upload the file folder

it keeps telling me that it is an invalid file (not sure what that means) It is not illegal for me to share these symbols (just for the record) I can only upload 1 symbol at a time it seams like and there are hundreds in the file

It is a complete library of stand electrical symbols I also have them for mechanical and architecture

I would like to be able to post the so that anyone that needed them could down load them for there own use.

I think that they would be very handy for the students in there various fields of learning.

I will try to upload a pdf file with the copy - paste command Nope that did not work either

Edited by welldriller
Try to upload a pdf

invalis file implies the drawing has been created with a newer version of AutoCAD than the one you are using. Open one of the invalid files with notepad (DO NOT save) and report the first part here. It should say something like AC1018.

Good guess but no cigar --- it is AC1009 -- I think my problem is that it is in a file folder on my desktop

I can get the file to open and choose a symbol when I am using AutcadLT 2000 and insert it anywhere I want to in the drawing.

The symbols came on a floppy disk years ago (somewhere around 1985)

IT TELLS ME THAT THE ACLT2.MNU IS INVALID

Edited by welldriller
aDD A LITTLE MORE INFO.

IMG_0007.jpg

This has nothing to do with what I am trying to upload This is a picture out of my front door this winter. Yes it snows in El Paso, Texas BUT I got it to upload that is a start

[ATTACH]41011[/ATTACH]

This is supposed to be a rheostat

Edited by welldriller
correct spelling

WIGGUM here is a site that will give you what the earth ground symbol looks like plus a lot of other information.

http://www.rapidtables.com

This will show you what a ground symbol look like and a lot more.

Edited by welldriller
to correct URL