More Problesms -- Posted by: WIGGUM ON fRIDAY 3-22-2013

welldriller

I like your answer SLW210 I do not want CROME because it is a GOOGLE products and they collect to much information about me now, that is none of their business. I do not like Microsoft for the same reason and the fact that they control how and what I can do with MY computer.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• welldriller

• ReMark

• SLW210

• TKall

You control how and what you do with your computer not Microsoft. Nobody says you have to run Windows; you can use Linux (Fedora, Mint or Ubuntu) or you can switch to a Mac.

Do you shop on line? If the answer is yes then the companies you buy from also collect information on you.

Do you subscribe to any magazines? Those companies collect information on you.

Do you see any doctors? They collect information on you.

Do you drive a registered vehicle? The DMV collects information on you.

Do you own a house? The bank or mortgage company has a ream of information about you.

Own a gun? Some agency probably has information on you and is looking to gather even more.

Credit cards? Information up the kazoo.

Hope you don't have a Smart Phone. If you do throw it away now!

Basically you would have to disconnect yourself from the world as you know it and live in a cave and maybe, just maybe, very little information will be collected about you. Until the census happens that is. Then some part-time government employee will come around and guess what? They'll collect information on you.

Edited by ReMark

I like your answer SLW210 I do not want CROME because it is a GOOGLE products and they collect to much information about me now, that is none of their business. I do not like Microsoft for the same reason and the fact that they control how and what I can do with MY computer.

Other browsers you can try are: Opera, Safari, Maxthon, RockMelt, SeaMonkey,Deepnet Explorer or Avant Browser. Is that enough choices for you because there are more out there. These rank in the top ten along with Google/Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.

You control how and what you do with your computer not Microsoft. Nobody says you have to run Windows; you can use Linux (Fedora, Mint or Ubuntu) or you can switch to a Mac.

Do you shop on line? If the answer is yes then the companies you buy from also collect information on you.

Do you own a house? The bank or mortgage company has a ream of information about you.

Own a gun? Some agency probably has information on you and is looking to gather even more.

Basically you would have to disconnect yourself from the world as you know it and live in a cave and maybe, just maybe, very little information will be collected about you. Until the census happens that is. Then some part-time government employee will come around and guess what? They'll collect information on you.

True, but name the INDIVIDUAL ones that are FINED for VIOLATING your privacy. Kind of a GENERIC response to something SPECIFIC.

IF the First Bank of Cad was constantly fined or even publicly suspected of violating Privacy Policy, I wouldn't use them either, SAME goes for Dr. Max Cad and the Cad Supply Depot.

Google has a proven TRACK RECORD of PRIVACY VIOLATIONS, they are currently under investigation in Europe for even more.

Microsoft has not violated any privacy agreements that I know of, if you know of something let me know, neither has Apple.

Your pretty good at comparing an apple to an orange.

Like I stated, the speed and all the other HYPE on Chrome is just that, HYPE. Even without all the Add-ons needed for Chrome they lag behind.

I use Bing for search engine.

I used FireFox for years, but FireFox is blocked at work.

Both Microsoft and Apple have been investigated for violations of the privacy law.

I'm not sure why you (SLW) would get your panties all in a twist about what I said. My point was vast quantities of information are collected about all of us and it is shared in a multitude of ways (some legal some not so legal).

Edited by ReMark

wow had to go get me one of those pillows with the hole in the center :ouch:

LET SEE NOW

SHOP ON LINE - I have shopped on line (but not often)

SUBSCRIBE TO A MAGAZINE - Yep I get a magazine from wood (wood working magazine)

Doctors - most will cure or kill, but, yes most people have to sooner or later in life, matter of fact I get a cataract removed and lens implant on the 15TH of this month

CAR - yes OWN A HOUSE - no rent OWN A GUN - that's my business CREDIT CARDS - yep SMARTPHONE - no

Bottom line, ever thing that you said is true --- do I have to like it NO

Edited by welldriller
correct spelling

Other browsers you can try are: Opera, Safari, Maxthon, RockMelt, SeaMonkey,Deepnet Explorer or Avant Browser. Is that enough choices for you because there are more out there. These rank in the top ten along with Google/Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.

I have actually tried Google - Safari - Ask - Dogpile - Yippy - Yahoo and Mahalo So I do have a lot of choices and a lot more then listed here, these are just the ones that I have tried,

!0! by the way Did you forget about your post in the thread -> GOOGLE (post #3)

Edited by welldriller
needed to add something

For one thing smarty pants, my panties aren't in a twist.

Seems to me YOU and a few others get YOUR panties in a twist everytime I mention anything bad but true about Google, what you got stock or something?

Perhaps a course in reading comprehension might help you out. Welldriller ask for Opinions on Chrome (see post #18 in THIS thread) YOU went off in response to my poor review of Chrome and the response by the OP.

I can also see your deleted threads. Nice try at misinformation.

SLW210 & ReMark I have and had no intentions of causing a problem between any members of the forum because of my lack of knowledge. I am here to try to learn from all of you and help when ever I can. I realize that any of you can put what I know on your little finger nail and still have room left over, but that will not stop me from trying to lean and help when I can.

And ReMark I believe you did kind of jump on SLW210 kind of hard, (for telling it like it is) and had no idea that you were not dead serious with me.

Hope that we can all put this behind us and move on.