More Problesms -- Posted by: WIGGUM ON fRIDAY 3-22-2013

welldriller

WIGGUM: This is a folder with ELECTRICAL SYMBOLS You will have to find the symbol that you want as I have no explanation of the codes on them.

Sorry It tells me it is an invalid file -- and no I do not know what that means :oops:

It works on my computer but is in a file folder and that could be the reason

Edited by welldriller

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• welldriller

• ReMark

• SLW210

• TKall

When was the last time you did any maintenance on your computer like defrag?

Hi ReMark Boy am I glad to see you

1 - I think that I put this in the wrong place

2 - I should have named it so that people would know that I was looking for help

3 - Would you mind telling me where to post it

4 - After that I will post it where it belongs and explain what I am trying to do (I am sure that you and others can straighten me out)

Now the answer your question DEFRAGED at 11:27am today Saturday March 23, 2013

Then ran the DISK CLEAN-UP AT 1:14PM TODAY

After I get your information I will try to delete this entire post (if I can)

Welldriller: When was the last time you ran a diagnostic on your hard drive?

By diagnostic I think you mean when was the last time that I ran a antivirus program. If so last week (I have AVG FREE) it does not check for everything though May I ask why you ask? before I have this thread deleted.

No, I mean a diagnostic from the manufacturer of the hard drive that analysis your hard drive. There are usually two versions: quick pass and thorough.

No, I mean a diagnostic from the manufacturer of the hard drive that analysis your hard drive. There are usually two versions: quick pass and thorough.

I do not have a diagnostics disk, can not find a diagnostics file on my hard drive, went to HP's sight found the diagnostics to my computer. Guess what --- It said page not available. I have only been able to get the following information

local fixed disk

compressed -> no

file system -> ntfs

size -> 74.52 gb

free space -> 69.31gb

volume serial number -> 28A50371

I will see if I can pull the hard drive out and get a name off of it if so I will check their site and get back to you might take me a day or two to get to it though.

I am sure you are trying to show/tell me something but I have no idea what it could be could you tell me now what you (or I) am looking for?

I'm trying to determine if you have a flaky sector on your hard drive and that information being written to the sector is being messed up.

Drive diagnostic software can be download, for free, from the maker of one's hard drive.

I read this upside down instead of pulling my hard drive out. I think I got it right.

SEAGATE (good hard drive) barrcuda ata IV model @ ST380021A part @ 9T606-730

I went on Seagates sight and tried to download the diagnostic tool but it could not fine it?? I do not know if this is the original hard drive or a replacement (bought it used)

I'm not sure what the problem is could be operator error What I do is while I am working on a project I save it to the desktop and copy it to a cd when I am done with it. When I try to upload a drawing or text to the forum is where I run into trouble.

What I want to learn to do is upload a .DWG file or PDF file (or text file) so that it can be seen with out following a link.

I do not have a problem with any other program or function on the computer so it has to be me.

Edited by welldriller
change iV to IV

OIE - Operator Induced Error. Yes, I am familiar with that particular malady.

I'm pretty sure I have a copy of the Seagate diagnostics tool on my home CAD computer so I know it is available.

My first suggestion would be to leave the drawing or PDF file on your hard drive (either the desktop or a folder) and upload it from there rather than from the CD.

Jeez, that was too easy. SeaTools for Windows - diagnostic tool. Click on the link below then scroll down until you see the heading UTILITIES.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/

Edited by ReMark
Added link to SeaTools for Windows

Again I have to thank you and sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It did not find any problems .

YEP --- OIE again

After I installed Internet Explorer 10 I could no longer upload drawing files. I rolled back to IE 9...no problems. Thanks to Tiger for the suggestion

Hi ReMark: Just for the record, I am using MOZILLA FIREFOX with DUCKDUCKGO as my homepage.

Seams to work ok for me. If I remember correctly FIREFOX uses GOOGLE for search's.

Ok did not know about Yahoo -- Have not used Crome (it's a Google product) but do you know anything about it and what is your opinion of Crome?

Chrome is fine. I just prefer Firefox for the moment. I'll probably look at switching over to Chrome as Firefox becomes as bloated as Internet Explorer.

Don't use Chrome. It is actually slower. Firefox, IE and Safari are much better, safer. That said, claims are Chrome is now better and more secure than when I last tested it a year ago. I might give it another test soon.

Last year, the Temp folders and cookies left on my machine from Chrome were at least 3-4 times larger than IE and Firefox, at best. Even using Google Map and Google Earth will quickly fill a temp folder and doesn't clear on exit.

Recent recent tests show IE10 and 9 are fastest out right now, with Chrome and Firefox neck and neck for 3rd and 4th.

Google is oft charged with privacy violations and has been fined. I just don't trust Google.