error code 11.1.6011 and windows 8

28surfers

Hi , I have been using autocad lt 2005 on my new DELL laptop XPS with windows 8 for a month or so without any problem until a few weeks ago .then i started getting the error code listed above 11.1.6011 saying I had to reactivate my license. When i try to reenter request code it still wont work .

At first it allowed me to bypass that by running the software ,but now wont allow that possibility and refuses to open . can anybody help.

hi ,thanks for your advice . but if that is the case, why would the program have worked perfectly for a month after i installed it.

agree that it is time to upgrade, and will upgrade but i do not subscribe to the theory that you need to update all the time. if it aint broke don't fix it !!

It failed to continue working because of a Windows update most likely. And even if you get it to work again expect the same thing to continue happen into the future. If you are content to work under those types of conditions then far be it from me to suggest that you do something different. Please continue. In the meantime, buy a big bottle of aspirin and a cold pack for your head. You're gonna need it.

One option: return to a previous version of Windows, one in which your program actually worked for a period of more than a month.

thanks for your advice....

like the aspirin option .

going to buy the autocad 2014 lt version .

had considered reinstalling XP , not just because of autocad ,but mainly because i do not like windows 8 .

maybe i will get used to it , but if i had of realised how different the interface was ,mabe i would have resisted for even longer !!!

thanks anyway for your advice .

Rather than spend money why not consider one of the free AutoCAD clones like Draftsight or nanoCAD? Did I mention both were free? They are both 2D which LT is basically.

hey thanks ,I will check them out , presumably they both have paperspace/modelspace text editing, block inserts and most of the Autocad features ,are they DWG files of DXF ?

Both read and write to the DWG file format. Draftsight is current to 2010. I don't know about nanoCAD.

Another option would be one of the low cost CAD programs like Bricscad, ZwCAD, progeCAD, etc. I recently created a two threads about no-cost (free) and low-cost CAD programs. Look in the Useful Links forum. They will be near the top of the list (within the first 10 threads for sure).