I'm using AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac.

I have searched other threads about loading new hatch patterns but haven't found an answer to my dilemma. Most seem to deal with locating the correct folder to place them in. I have done this correctly(or so I assume). The hatch patterns I downloaded (.pat files) are now in the same support folder that contains acadlt.pat and the like. The new patterns show up in the library list but do not have a preview image in the box next to the name like all the standard ones do. Rather the box is white with a red diagonal line through it. When I try to select the pattern it says "error in pattern file." I tried this with .pat files from other sources to doublecheck the patterns I'm trying to use aren't corrupted with the same result. Just fyi: the patterns are from eldorado stone. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thank you!

Mark

I had the same problem with those patterns so I assumed they were corrupted somehow.

You might try this. Open one of the problematic hatch patterns and add a single blank line to the bottom of the pattern then save it and retry. What happens?

Usually, Pattern files have to have the same file name as the name inside the file.

From the Eldorado site, the patterns for a PC have the proper file name ashlar.pat, but the Mac patterns are ._ashlar.pat.

I do not run a MAC, but I wonder if the file name makes any difference. The PC patterns work fine :D

Some of the Eldorado pattern definitions (such as STACKEDSTONE) are remarkably large, some are reasonably small. Are you having difficulty with all Eldorado patterns?