Mview not working

ASH_CAD

Hi all, happy Easter.

Weirdly, when I MVIEW in Layout as I would do normally then followed by Zoom and Extents once in the viewport, nothing is displayed but there is a drawing in Model Space.

Tried deleting Layout and creating new ones. Obviously changed a setting but no idea which one.

Urgent piece of work needed so any guidance appreciated.

It sounds like you have a stray object in there somewhere, probably around 0,0, and when you zoom extents it zooms so far out that you just don't see anything.

Two ways to check it out. One is to zoom right in on 0,0 and see if anything is there, if so delete it or move it to where it should be. Two, zoom extents and then zoom out a bit more, place a crossing window over the whole screen and you should see the grips of the objects (that's assuming you don't have a drawing with huge amounts of objects and grips don't show any more). If you have two or more sets of grips on screen zoom in on them to find the rogue object and delete them.

Try drawing a line and input the start coordinates on the command line, entering 0,0 and the other end by clicking in the middle of your screen. Then zoom in on the start point of the line, you might have to do a couple REGENs in between.

Did you try zooming extents, zooming out a bit and placing a crossing window?

Just a bit of further information. You can zoom in on 0,0 by issuing the command ZOOM followed by WINDOW, first point enter -1,-1 second point enter 1,1. After pressing the return key you are zoomed in with 0,0 in the centre of your screen.

Arghh, learning more and more.

Also, why if I create two MVIEWs in PS. If I zoom in one, the other also changes? They seem to be linked somehow.

John

I cannot replicate your problem, can you upload a small drawing that displays this behaviour.

Check that the System Variable UCSFOLLOW is set to 0. You need to check that in each view port.

Arghh, learning more and more.

Also, why if I create two MVIEWs in PS. If I zoom in one, the other also changes? They seem to be linked somehow.

John

It sounds like you have probably set up 3D viewports, which default to typical orthographic perspectives?