Osnaps not always snapping

Keblapeb

Idea not fully fledged. I know drawing weld not necessary . I am following 2d drawings given to me for project and no weld symbols are shown. I guess at first thinking doubler plate was loose and stiffener welded .As a Boilermaker I was thinking it may be good to at least tack together first , then install . Same for drawing, join copy and insert. Hard to delete now because used union on them . Can turn layer off. Not sure how to fix?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Keblapeb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The stiffeners would be welded to the inside of the column at the flanges and the web. There would be no need for the small, rectangular, two-bolt plate.

How to fix? You could modify what you have or simply redraw the plate and extrude.

Maybe don't need plate ,Though maybe point of exercise is to align bolt holes. Being my first real 3D exercise these plates did challenge me as I am not converse with many commands so were not sure of best way to go about it.