Text Size

RedRex

Getting the proper text size in model space is driving me a little crazy.

If single or multi-line text is set at a particular size, notes or dimension text for one object (like a fabrication detail) could be legible, where as text for a much larger object (like a floor plan) could be hard to read.

Is there a way to compensate for this? Or is it a matter of manually adjusting text size for every drawing component? So far, I have found the easiest way is through the Quick Properties feature.

Cheers

-Rex

i prefer to annotate in paper space, after i have finished drawing and have set up viewports. That way text, arrows etc are the same size.

sometimes i will swap stuff over with changespace

Two more solutions:

1. Set up text styles for the different scales.

2. Annotative text.

I've heard of annotative text, but not really sure what it is. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks

Properly done annotative text will have one or more scales assigned to it that correspond to the scales assigned to the paper space layout viewports one expects the text to be displayed in. Thus, when printed all the text will be a uniform height despite the fact it may appear in different viewports that utilize different scales.