CHSPACE Scaling message

betterway

Was wondering if others have the same problem with the CHSPACE command line message that the factor objects were scaled does not seem to be accurate.

For example with a viewport that has a scale of 1" = 1'-0", changing from paper space to model space, "Objects were scaled by a factor of 12.000048000192 to maintain visual appearance". I would think that it should say exactly "12".

The objects moved seem to be accurate but the command line message appears misleading. The drawing units are set as Arch 1/256" (AutoCAD 2012)

Thanks for the interesting reading.

Sometimes, if a drawing has many viewports with the same scale. I will chspace to bring them all up into paperspace except the one that I want to keep.

Erase the viewports and chspace the objects back into model. Then enlarge the viewport. This maintains them in the same position but now they are all in one viewport.

The objects seem to retain there original value even though the chspace message would indicate differently.

My theory is that the chspace message somehow gets confused since it probably does not use the full 8 decimal accuracy,

but I believe that it is a consistent factor either direction.