Working with Scripts

Lakalister

Hey everyone. I'm currently working on writing a script for an assignment.

I've gotten everything that I need to draw into script format. However, I'm having trouble coding the UNITS dialogue box into script. I don't see any mini-shortcuts that I can choose individual options.

For example, I need to clarify the following UNITS directions:

-decimal units

-presicion 0.00

-decimal degrees

-precision 0

-base angle east (0.00)

-angle measured counterclockwise

What I am really looking for is the coding for each specific option. As in, if I just want to change the TEXT HEIGHT and nothing else, i would type in "TEXTSIZE" into the Command bar and hit enter.

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

-Dominick

To anyone using, let alone just starting out, with Scripts or any other executable file... I hope you're prepared for the new Security Features (this also applies to 2013 after a certain SP; not sure which off the top of my head).

/GodHelpUsAll

To anyone using, let alone just starting out, with Scripts or any other executable file... I hope you're prepared for the new Security Features (this also applies to 2013 after a certain SP; not sure which off the top of my head).

/GodHelpUsAll

wow. I'll just hope we don't upgrade again for a couple of years.....

To anyone using, let alone just starting out, with Scripts or any other executable file... I hope you're prepared for the new Security Features (this also applies to 2013 after a certain SP; not sure which off the top of my head)./GodHelpUsAll

It starts with AutoCAD 2013 SP1. I have not experienced anything with any of the VBA or LISPs that we are running on the AutoCAD 2013 machines and they all have SP1 installed.

This is really going to cause problems for people who currently have difficulty running LISP routines. Now they have the system variables and settings for TRUSTEDPATHS and SECURELOAD to worry about.

From this ADNDevBlog article:

... you will notice a new set of security features in AutoCAD that will not let you load custom applications that are not in a secure, trusted path. This behavior is controlled with SECURELOAD and TRUSTEDPATHS settings. The easiest thing to do would be to install your applications as Application bundles as the bundle paths are automatically treated as trusted paths.

When the question of SCR files first came up, we wanted to treat them like any other executable files. Our plan would be that all SCR files no matter where they are located (if not trusted) would trigger the alert. Wouldn’t that make more sense?

Coming back full circle, to the statement about network locations being riskier than local... I stand by my earlier sentiment, that to suggest that the network (something setup by corporate IT / CAD Management / multiple qualified individuals, etc.) is somehow viewed as more unsafe than the local disk, where any user with an internet connection can download an Autoloader *.bundle from any blog, forum, etc. outside of Autodesk Exchange and simply drop it into ..\\ApplicationPlugins\\ is not well thought out.

... This implicitly means that any one of your users is capable (not that they would necessarily) of circumventing the internal customization restrictions that you might employ, by simply dropping their own Autoloader .bundle in one of three hard-coded folders that will load the .bundle automagically.

Exciting times, for one reason or another, in deed.