Autocad LT 2012 is not printing what I have in print preview

cognitivecomputing

I have a friend who is having issues printing with their copy of Autocad LT 2012.

She has a Macbook Pro laptop (2.0GHz i7, 8gb ram, running lion) running Parallels with Windows 7. The printer is a HP Officejet 7500a, and she is trying to print on 11x17 paper. Up til a month ago she was able to print her .dwg files to the scale she specified. Now, when you print, it prints a scale smaller than what it should be. Using print preview, the drawing should take up 1/3 of the page, but the printout is more or less an 1/8 of the paper.

I noticed her driver for the printer was a officejet 2800, or something similar. Switching to the 7500 driver would result in not having the option for 11x17 paper size!

Tried the HP universal driver... printer didn't like that

Tried to calibrate the printer, but it still wouldn't print the right size.

She has stressed to me that she uses 1/4" to 1' and hasn't changed anything for it to stop printing.

Best solution I could come up with after scouring google for a few hours is to print to pdf and it prints to scale correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If printing to PDF works, then sounds like the driver.

Should be an option to add more paper sizes, try the 7500 driver or see about a newer driver.