can dimensions in layout/paperspace be associative?

davesec

i want to add some dimensions in paperspace. after creating some dimensions, if i double click on my viewport and move it around a bit, the dimensions in paperspace stay where they are. is there a way to get them to move with the drawing?

thanks!

i tried that, it hasn't worked. when i right click on a dimension in paperspace it also says it's associative.. but when i move the model around in the viewport it doesn't move with it.

i noticed if i double click the viewport, move my drawing a bit, and then double click outside the viewport, the dimmensions don't reassociate. but if i click on the dimensions (which are all out of place) and click once to select the viewport, my viewport scale suddenly says "VARIES", and the button next to it says "Annotation Scale is not equal to Viewport Scale: Click to Synchronise". And if I click THAT button, then the dimensions line up where they're suppose to go. The leaders don't, though.

Associative dimensions need a physical snap point, such as, END, MIDPOINT, INTERSECTION. Snap points like NEAREST and NODE and snap points to other dimensions do not hold Associativity.