inventor 2013 bend issue

MUTTLEY

Hi guys,

I would like to know if someone else have experienced the following issue.

The problem is that inventor crashes when i try to connect the two planar faces of a hopper(see attached) with the bend feature in sheet metal environment.

The question to know if this is a known bug of 2013 release or my own problem.

Please note the problem only occur if:the extrusion has a tapered angle and if this file has been converted from standard to sheet metal part.

In other words:if i make the same part starting from brand new sheet metal template no issue occur also with tapered surface.

Inventor 2012 does not have this problem so i think that 2013 has some bug during the convertion of tapered extruded surface from std to sheet metal part.

I discover this issue by using on 2013 a workflow i used without problem with Inventor 2012.

Hope this can be helpful to someone else

Muttley

BEND_ISSUE.ipt

Looks like a bug in the program.

Not sure where you are going with this, but that is not how I would have modeled the part.

Also, have you installed SP1.1 and Update 2?

JD,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply; and yes as i suspected this confirm it was a bug ,i will try to install the SP1.1

Regarding your opinion about modeling you are also right ;I Know that the best would have been lofted flange to model the hopper but

please consider the attached only as an example to explain the issue (I like to test different ways to come to a same results with relative pro and cons.)

However sometimes i found that for me it is faster to make a surface/solid model than use external faces of this model

to made up a sheet metal faces using thickening /face command.

Really this kind of approch is much easier by using solidworks convert to sheet metal command (software take care of bending and

rips automatically)

Fortunately this is not a big problem since i have only to remember to start with the right template (sheet metal).

Regards

Muttley