Before posting a question

MisterJingles

I'd just like to make mention of this as I have found myself saving myself (and those of you who respond to questions here) a lot of time.

I find that Google has become a great help when solving a CAD problem, and I have more than halved my queries on this site (although I doubt ReMark believes me ;) ) by simply "googling" a 3 or 4 word summary of my problem. Somewhere, sometime, someone has experienced my problem and has posted about it online and Google takes me there.

It sounds like a silly thing but alot of us who aren't expert in ACAD could save everyone alot of time and effort by first attempting to Google their issues.

Have a great day!

Rob

Some people find it easier to ask a question in a forum than to come up with good search criteria. It takes practice.

• 1 year later...
I'd just like to make mention of this as I have found myself saving myself (and those of you who respond to questions here) a lot of time.

I find that Google has become a great help when solving a CAD problem, and I have more than halved my queries on this site (although I doubt ReMark believes me ;) ) by simply "googling" a 3 or 4 word summary of my problem. Somewhere, sometime, someone has experienced my problem and has posted about it online and Google takes me there.

It sounds like a silly thing but alot of us who aren't expert in ACAD could save everyone alot of time and effort by first attempting to Google their issues.

Have a great day!

Rob

Although this is true MisterJingles, using the forum to find this information out is overall for the greater good. Ask on here, you get answers on here. Those questions and answers are then on this forum. So when other non-CADTutor users search in Google for their issue, this forum comes up and then we get more people using the site - and therefore more knowledge ;)

... but the same question gets asked many times within this forum. If they are not even searching this forum, they are also wasting disk space.

... but the same question gets asked many times within this forum. If they are not even searching this forum, they are also wasting disk space.

Though the answer could be different for the same question asked by an AutoCAD 2005, AutoCAD 2009 and an AutoCAD 2014 user. Which still doesn't mean a good search of CADTutor and/or the WWW should not be attempted.

Valid point as new options are created for newer versions but we both know that is not usually the case.

Most of the time when I search for something, if it has been discussed on CADTutor the thread(s) will show up in the search results. If I don't see one from this site I will usually ask the question here.

Have a great day!

Rob

Maybe cadtutor should have a new complaint forum sub-folder that no one reads then you can post in there for you to read and have the option for all other users not to show it.

Great day to you too

Thank god for me just another 6 years to go before retirement

Maybe cadtutor should have a new complaint forum sub-folder that no one reads then you can post in there for you to read and have the option for all other users not to show it.

Great day to you too

Thank god for me just another 6 years to go before retirement

Wow, where did that come from? Is it Monday, again?