11x17 printer recommendations

randomBullets

Looking to upgrade office printer. We need malfunctions that print 11x17 or tabloid or whatever they call that size. Color prints, autodoc feeder/scanning. What do you guys use? What to stay away from? Thanks.

Brother is Good. My wife has had 0 problems with the one she ordered for her work, though she mostly uses it for copying and scanning.

Stay away from Sharp, that's what we have where I work and they stay broke down, we have a service request on ours now.

You're looking for multi-function? I know that Brother is quite goot in that line. But if you could possibly afford it, go with a good Photostat (i.e. Laser) machine - something like one of the Richo derivatives (like Nasua / Minolta). You can sometimes get them on lease - which does bring the initial investment way down with good on-call included service. In the long term a Laser works out cheaper, but your initial investment is much greater.

Other than that, I've tended to steer clear of multi function injets. Perhaps these days they're a bit better. I tended to go with either Epson / Canon for "small scale printers" - i.e. A3 (~11x17) and smaller. Have never got any issues - unlike the HP's / Lexmarks / etc. I've had / my company has had as well (from poor quality to constant breakages or all sorts of combinations of problems). Though that's my experience, some have found HP to actually be reliable - contrary to any of my own 10's of experiences from 1998 onwards.

Also of the scanner's I've found Epson / Canon to be superior to most others. So I guess their multi-functions shouldn't be too bad - seeing as a MF is but a scanner affixed atop a printer. Some do come with auto-doc feeders, but these tend to be minor versions of what you get when you go with a "photostat" machine.

Some advise I can give though: Whatever brand you choose, stay awa from the bottom-of-the-line model. Those tend to be extremely slow, with poor quality printing/scanning, and have a tendency to break whenever you do any sort of urgent print. Look for something which has a recommended workload (i.e. copies/prints per month) which is well above your imagined use (preferably at least double). If it doesn't list a workload, it's a toy printer - forget about it.