Setting up Symbols and Arrows in new Template

Gene

I have been sent some good template set ups but I would like to be able to setup my own from start to finish. I always start with the architectural units. Going to Symbols and Arrows panel, how are the three bars used? The next box is “arrow size”, what exactly does that relate to?. I want arrow heads at the end of my dimension lines. Next is “center marks”, I have mark selected. Does the size relate to the numbers shown in the dimension line? The last is “break size” I have no idea what that is. Does change in limits effect dimension arrows and size?

I am a retired Chem Engineer and will turn 90 in July and have lost much of my mental sharpness. I would appreciate it if the info you send me is typed as those you were talking to a child. I will not be offended and it will just make it easier for me to absorb.

I believe that you were looking to edit the features of a dimension style - a collection of properties that will be applied to the dimensions you will draw in order to shape their appearance.

Going to Symbols and Arrows panel, how are the three bars used? ... I want arrow heads at the end of my dimension lines.
Those pop-up lists allow you to choose the symbols that will appear at the end of dimension lines, respectively leaders (pointing dimensions). To get what you want please chouse Closed filled or Closed blank.

The next box is “arrow size”, what exactly does that relate to?
This feature controls the size of aforementioned symbol - is expressed in drawing units.

Next is “center marks”, I have mark selected. Does the size relate to the numbers shown in the dimension line?
As for arrow size above, this is expressed in drawing units and is an absolute value.

The last is “break size” I have no idea what that is.
This is a gap that can be added to extension or dimension lines that intersect other items for clarity - is not a default behavior, should call DIMBREAK command for this.

Does change in limits effect dimension arrows and size?
The answer is no.

By the way, really nice age. Congratulations!

Thank you but still have questions, will post them one at a time. After seleting the size of the arrow head it remains absoulte, how about the dimension number, it is tied to the arrowhead size or can it be selected separately? I am being taken to the beach by my daughter and her family this week end and wont be back to check posts until next Thursday.