Shrinking a group

martyy

Hi

I have been sent a dwg and I am trying to shrink a group of items collectively.

I cannot find a way to reduce the size of it I have tried scale but I don't want to work out the scale for each group, I tried stretch but its not a single item...

I am trying to reduce the width of the objects from 140mm to 110mm whilst retaining the ratio between all objects.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi martyy,

Have you tried the reference feature when using the scale command? Its a commandline option when you start scale. AutoCAD will calculate the scale factor for you - you just need to measure the original distance and the new distance as per the prompts. AutoCAD will scale the objects accordingly. Creating a block could be another option and scaling that down but that would probably take longer

Cheers Jammie,

That almost worked, but, and I failed to explain correctly, I need to retain the Vertical measurements and shrink the Horizontal only.

You may be able to use a block. Define your items as a single block, scale it as needed in the X and Y dimensions, and explode it. QED.