Problem concerning my first AutoCAD project

Crrot

First off, hello everyone, I'm Crrot and at this moment I am a first year student in Architecture.

This semester my classmates and I began working with AutoCAD. I admit that at first I found it to be very confusing and not at all user-friendly. Up to that point I had only been using SketchUp for 3D modeling, so it was quite a shock when I discovered how complicated AutoCAD was. I roughly understood everything our teacher taught us, but seeing as I felt I was being left-behind, I sought out some tutorials. That's how I discovered CADTutor. Thanks to CADTutor's tutorials for beginners (both the 2D and 3D ones) I feel a lot more comfortable working with AutoCAD.

Now, as for my problem. We've finally begun working on our first project, which basically amounts to creating a 3D model of a building. The vast majority of my classmates are basing their 3D models on the scale models we've worked on for other classes/subjects, but a few of us want to create models based on works belonging to famous architects. Two of my classmates and I want to create models based on buildings designed by Tadao Ando. There is ,however, a big problem. None of us are able to find floor plans, elevations or sections.

So this is what I'm asking of you: Would anyone be so kind as to provide me with floor plans, elevations and sections? I was hoping on working on Tadao Ando's Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts, though it doesn't have to be that building, nor does it even have to be something by the same architect (though it is preferable). Basically I'm just asking for floor plans, etc... of a building that's not very complicated, yet not extremely simple either. It is after all my first project. That's why I was thinking of doing something by Tadao Ando, as his projects are rather simple. I also considered Mies Van der Rohe as well.

I do hope someone can help me with this. I don't think it's rather complicated, but so far I have not encountered what it is I need. Thanks!

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I commend your motivation and desire to go the extra mile and do something more than

the bare minimum, or the easy route.

Lamentably I do not have access to any such floor plans, which I would gladly share with you, but if you are patient there is a fair chance that somebody else

may be able to help you.

A big thank you to those that responded. Concerning making a 3D model of Frank Lloyd Wright's Skyscraper, I'm afraid that it looks a little complicated to me at this moment. I can see myself recreating the building on AutoCAD later on, but right now I think that I'll stick to something just a little more simple. Once again, thank you. :)

Tadao Ando's buildings make us think. They are by no means "simple". Which building in particular of his do you like the most? Can you see yourself designing something similar?

Might I suggest the 4x4 House? Use this as an inspiration for design your own version. Perhaps your house could be circular and each of the four levels are offset from each other.

Edited by ReMark