System variable for upper case

Tyke

I have a computer where all text entered in AutoCAD text/mtext comes out in uppercase. Pressing the shift key while entering the text has no effect. The CAD-Girl involved has admitted to sniffing around in Express Tools System Variables and changing a few, but she cannot remember any more which ones she changed.

Does anyone know which system variable controls this behaviour?

In MTEXT isn't there an option called AUTOCAPS?

In Express Tools there is a command called TCASE. It's use should be pretty deliberate though.

Your coworker didn't edit the Registry did she? There is a way to make all caps the default by doing so.

I've just got back from her computer and found out it was not as she had stated, it only affected MText. Checked out the MText settings and AUTOCAPS was on. Switched that off and all is now well. Thank you ReMark for your help. Now I have just to wait and see what turns up from the system variables she changed.