scale problems in viewports

beha

Dear forum

I'm fairly new in autoCAD, and still haven't gotten to completely understand - and live with all the small oddities of the software.

The last couple of times I've been using it I've been experiencing the same problem occurring.

Whenever I've done some drawings, in 1:1 and I want to get it from the viewport and out of the software the scales won't fit. For instance I'm right now having a part of a drawing being 20cm in 1:1, but whenever I set the viewport scale to 1:20 it makes this 20cm long element 15 cm'ish long.

All units are set to millimeter.

I hope that somebody are able to help me.

_Beha

You'll need to upload it straight to CADTutor for me to look at it, Select "Go Advanced" at lower right of reply box, then select "Manage Attachments".

First of all your drawing was done using a template normally used for drawings done in an imperial scale (decimal inches) not a metric scale.

In the future use the acadiso.dwt template whenever you start a new drawing and not the default template (acad.dwt).