Batch convert idw or dwg's to pdf's

andar424

Is there a simple way to convert a group of idw's/dwg's to pdf's? I'm thinking I can use the task scheduler like I'm going to print them all, and then select the print to pdf out of the drop down box for the selection of the printer and give it a location to save. I was just curious if other people use that method if it works, or if there is a more simple way to do it.

TIA guys!!

Did you search for "Plot to pdf" theres is heaps of stuff here about using publish or lisps in conjunction with a script could do as many dwgs as you like in one go.

..... lisps in conjunction with a script could do as many dwgs as you like in one go.

Did you read the problem description and forum location.

Autodesk Inventor does not use lisp

Look into the Design Assistant.

I'm not sure the functionality is there, but that is the first place I would look.

I assume you are not using Vault.

Not using vault, correct. We used the task scheduler yesterday to do what I originally described, and it worked. The only problem is you are prompted for each of your pdf's you are creating for a save location. I'm wondering if there is a way to just point the scheduler to a file to drop them into...

You might look into PrimoPDF or similar third party solutions.

Search for a MACRO for Inventor over at Autodesk Community and other Inventor Forums and sites might turn up some options for you.

• 2 weeks later...