3D Orbit performance problem

Siberian

My company just upgraded to AutoCAD 2007. First of all, is the 3D Orbit tool now called "Free Orbit"? Second, when I try to use this the performance really sucks, it's lags like hell, and sometimes a very cryptic error message occurs which closes the entire program. Anyone else have this problem, or is it just me...?

I've gotten it a little better by adjusting the 3D settings in the options dialog. Only problem now is that the x-ref I'm using dissappears from the orbit view as soon as I start moving around, apparently to improve performance. Can I somehow turn this off?

It is supported, but not recommended. It's a GeForce 6600 GT. There was no trouble with AutoCAD 2006.

It is supported, but not recommended. It's a GeForce 6600 GT. There was no trouble with AutoCAD 2006.

Yea, but AutoCAD 2007 is a whole different animal with the new 3D stuff and all. On one hand, I have not had any trouble running 2007 on a $30 graphics card that is "not supported" - but then again, it's not for production and I probably have not explored all the 3D stuff....

Since your card is supported, make sure you have the latest drivers installed, and if you still have problems - go to your dealer and demand support!

I've noticed that the x-ref is to blame. If I take it out, everyting goes smooth. But the wierd thing is that is't only this perticular x-ref. It consists of 15 layers, but only one is shown at each time. I can turn off every layer, and still it will lag - and sometime crash - like nothing else. Other x-refs work fine, many of which are much "heavier" graphically than this one. Also, with AC 2006 this wasn't a problem. Any idea what causes this?

• 4 years later...

i had your problem

on my computer with a core i7 720 and autocad 2011

i set paging to 0 and reinstalled autocad.

now theres just a delay, but no lag