Rotating Materials on Solid Surface

Paladonius

I'm having trouble trying to place a material onto a surface so that it aligns with the x-y coordinates. When I use drag and drop from the materials library and use ctrl to select one particular surface/face, the material drop s in fairly arbitrary.

I thought I could use materialmap to force it into a particular alignment and while I can use the commands to set the base point and alignment, the material does not update with the boxed alignment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

P.

Had a look at this tutorial before I posted. I tried again this morning and still had issues. I am rotating the sample manually to get an approximation but it isn't smapping to x,y coordinates. The problem with this method is that if I use the material on another entity it's way out of whack. It just seems that when I use planar and adjust to where I want that the material isn't updating to my need location settings.

Cheers

P

Had a look at this tutorial before I posted. I tried again this morning and still had issues. I am rotating the sample manually to get an approximation but it isn't smapping to x,y coordinates. The problem with this method is that if I use the material on another entity it's way out of whack. It just seems that when I use planar and adjust to where I want that the material isn't updating to my need location settings.

Cheers

P

I just tried the material mapping feature and it works fine to me.Make sure "Material / Textures is set to "ON" under the Render Tab. Also the issues might have something to do with your hardware specs?But you're using Acad2013 so it means you got a good specs.Regards

What I didn't say is that it was a complex shape that I was trying to map onto. No curves and all right angles but still no good when trying to map. It will map "properly" if it's a square or rectangle, but nothing else. The work-around might be to map a larger rectangle and slice sections out. Tedious, but will get the job done. I thought it might be a UCS issue and mapped to the end of the plane I was trying to map but still no good.

As I said, the work-around might do the job.

As a side issue, I can move and rotate the materials boundary via materialmap command, and it snaps to the edges all ok, just doesn't update the orientation of the material to the final position

And grunt of machine is no problem, way over-spec

Cheers

P.