Publish dwg to multiple PDF or DWF files

stevo99

Hi There,

I have a client that needs me to deliver my drawings in PDF format as multiple files with a specific naming convention.

What I am doing is publishing to multiple files then renaming each file individually which is time consuming and prone to error.

I was hoping to come up with a way to automate the process.

Here's what I have:

Each layout contains a title block block, lets call it "tblock". Within this block there are attributes for drawing title, sheet number etc, lets call these attributes "dt", "sn" respectively.

Each layout also contains an Xref which contains a block which has attributes for revision data such as date, revision, issue description etc

Lets call the xref "XA1", the block "Xtblock" and the attribute I need "Xrev". In visual basic it might look something like XA1.Xtblock.Xrev

Here's what I need:

export each layout as {sn} {dt} Rev {Xrev}.pdf

Now I have used VB to automate Excel tasks and create Database applications so I would describe myself as "handy", just not used VB within Autocad before.

I have also not used LISP before either so I'm a bit of a layman in that respect.

I would prefer if someone could direct me, perhaps with some high level code so that I can work it out myself rather than solve the problem for me.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Steve