3D kerb stone modelling AutoCAD 2013

complete

Hi,

I have been trying to model a kerb stone in 3D. For the straight section I have no issues at all. But for the curved section I just cant get the edge detail into my model. I have attached a picture of my models. I did my curved design by drawing a circle with the desired raduis and offset the circle by required distance. Then after trimming and joining I used PRESSPULL to lift it. If anyone could provide assistance it would be very helpful. For the straight section I can draw the front face and just pull it by PRESSPULL, but I cant seem to do it with the cuvred section. Is there a way to draw the face and use PRESSPULL and pull it at an desired angle or radius?

If anyone could provide some information it would be helpful.

Thanks,

M.I

Kerb Stone.jpg

@complete - i guess a CHAMFER command will help you to achieve that detail. Is this the one what you we're trying to achieve?If so, refer to the picture, what I did is I create first the profile for extrusion.(though press/pull will also work)then I extrude it then I apply the Chamfer command, I apply the chamfer to the edge highlighted with red on the left.Apply the Distance of Chamfer this refers to Distance1 & 2 just play with it to see how it works.Also, Welcome to CADTutor Forum.regards :)

KERBDEMOFINAL.jpg

Actually I have another query,

How did you draw that curved solid? I had to draw mine by getting 2 cricles, trimming them and then using 'presspull' to lift it. If that how you did yours?

Thanks.

Your original attempt shows parallel sides.

Rewind shows angled (pie shape) sides.

If the Rewind's solution is what you are after you could draw the end profile and Revolve the desired angle.

Your original attempt shows parallel sides.

Rewind shows angled (pie shape) sides.

If the Rewind's solution is what you are after you could draw the end profile and Revolve the desired angle.

If I were to draw it parallel sides curved, would it be same Revolve function or something different?

Thx

Actually I have another query,

How did you draw that curved solid? I had to draw mine by getting 2 cricles, trimming them and then using 'presspull' to lift it. If that how you did yours?

Thanks.

I created that using Circle + Offset + Line to close the profile + Trim then Extrude .JD's suggestion is definitely correct, you can simply draw the end profile and apply the REVOLVE command with defined angle of revolution.You can play in any solution that you think is easy & comfortable for you. Sometimes it just depend on what is needed to execute the modeling. And practice help you a lot into modeling. Hope it helps.