Blurry text/lines in layout

raley123

Hi all,

When viewing my drawing in model space it is very clear however as soon as i view it in layout and apply a scale, the additional lines writing etc become very blurry. I am scaling to A3 1:250 from model space

Are there any rule of thumbs with regards to line types, text etc to ensure they are not blurred when applying to layout?

Thanks!

Rachel

that helps in layout but for some reason when i pdf the drawing it is still blurry...

i tried to attach but dwg is too large. any settings that need to be amended for plotting to pdf?

Hi there,

I am trying to plot to PDF but having problems with blurry lines, I have changed the line weights and all looks good in model and paper space (scaled to A3 1:250) but for some reason, when i plot to pdf the lines come out bold and blurry of the drawing.

Is there any way any one can think to avoid this? It seems like it is an issue with pdf - any settings that can be changed?

Also - is it worth purchasing a dwg to pdf converter - will that be better and more reliable and exact prints?

Thanks for any help!

Rachel

Isn't this a repeat of your previous post re: blurry lines? I'm assuming you got no further help in that thread thus the reason for this one?

Isn't this a repeat of your previous post re: blurry lines? I'm assuming you got no further help in that thread thus the reason for this one?

Sounds like it to me too ReMark.

Hi there,

I am trying to plot to PDF but having problems with blurry lines, I have changed the line weights and all looks good in model and paper space (scaled to A3 1:250) but for some reason, when i plot to pdf the lines come out bold and blurry of the drawing.

Is there any way any one can think to avoid this? It seems like it is an issue with pdf - any settings that can be changed?

Also - is it worth purchasing a dwg to pdf converter - will that be better and more reliable and exact prints?

Thanks for any help!

Rachel

How are you plotting to PDF, what pc3 file are you using or what setup/steps are you taking?

PDF quality from AutoCAD is all over the place. Some users report no problems what-so-ever while others curse the day AutoDesk provided the ability to plot to a PDF. AutoDesk should make a concerted effort to fix the problem. Many users resort to third-party programs to get around the obstacles.

Hi,

I have setup the page to A3 and scaled my viewport to 1:250. I am then printing to layout on a scale of 1:1. I am selecting DWG to PDF when I go to plot. Is there any thing else in setup that you need me to let you know?

(Yes - this does stem from my previous question. I was trying to make my issue clearer.)

PDF quality from AutoCAD is all over the place. Some users report no problems what-so-ever while others curse the day AutoDesk provided the ability to plot to a PDF. AutoDesk should make a concerted effort to fix the problem. Many users resort to third-party programs to get around the obstacles.

iD10t errors

Hi there,

Thanks for any help!

Rachel

I agree with everyone else, you should look at your plot style, the color(s) you are using might be set to print at a thicker line weight (i.e. the darker, bold look when plotting to pdf). When you go to plot/print your drawing you should see a drop-down tab for plot style table in the upper right hand corner of the dialogue box (if not, click the little arrow next to the help bottom, and you should be able to see it then). You can then look for the particular color(s) you are using and adjust line weight accordingly. Hope this helps.

as stated previously, try a 3rd party pdf prog. some are free so you can see if it helps your plotting. i think cutepdf is free and it works for me.

go thru the pdf prog's output settings and try a few various settings eg dpi

as stated previously, try a 3rd party pdf prog. some are free so you can see if it helps your plotting. i think cutepdf is free and it works for me.

go thru the pdf prog's output settings and try a few various settings eg dpi

CutePDF is free, there is also PDF Printer and PDFCreator.

• 7 years later...

for clear text kindly change following settings

autocad  > option (command : op) >  System > Hardware Acceleration > Graphic Performance > untick smooth line diplay

i hope this trick will work :) 

7 hours ago, PMAHENDRA24 said:

for clear text kindly change following settings

autocad  > option (command : op) >  System > Hardware Acceleration > Graphic Performance > untick smooth line diplay

i hope this trick will work :) 

Thank you for contributing your expertise. Some will point out that the original issue is eight years old, but I suspect that users are still experiencing it.

I would add that, if you want to clean up a PDF, uncheck the "Plot Object Lineweights" box in the plot dialog. Linework and text can get muddy if that option is enabled.