Autocad 2013 -> PDF Issue

notquark

I am trying to export a autocad file to a PDF, but when I do, various lines (always different) fail to show up.

I have done a bunch of searches and found nothing, any help would be appreciated.

Edited by notquark

I cannot open the file as I don't have 2013. What are you using to view the PDF? Is this possibly a graphics card issue? Do the missing lines show up on paper when you print the PDF?

I am using both Foxit and Adobe. It happens on both, so I assumed it was with the drawing, didn't try to print as these drawings are just being sent around via PDF. I'll try printing to see. Thanks for your help!

If they do not print, double check your settings. Make sure "lines merge" is on. Increase the resolution. Also, try using a different PDF maker like CutePDF which is free.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try!

I should point out that this ONLY happens when using the "hatch" command as a filer to color code areas. If there is a better way to do that, I would love to learn.

"Lines Merge" should fix that. If it doesn't, try the other options like Vector/Raster or Include Layer Info to see if any of those work.

Hatches can be troublesome when it comes to plotting PDFs. I try to not use them to indicate areas of a drawing because of this issue. Sometimes the client insists on it and it almost always becomes problematic when it comes time to plot. I often times have to go into each file and send all those hatches to the back using DISPLAY ORDER and that doesn't always work. It sucks when it happens at zero hour and I have to resort to printing a hard copy and scanning it.