Resource Manager Error Message

gsksun4

All of a sudden I'm getting lots of error messages when I bring up drawings in my 2009LT. Resource Manager Error. Cannot load resource only DLL. File not found, then many similar messages with AecResMgrenu.dLL.

Over and over, keep hitting OK till drawing loads. Not one specific file either.

Also: Unable to locate resource string. Resource Manager is not correctly installed.

Is there a way to fix without reloading 2009LT and having to reset all settings. Can that file AecResMgrenu be replaced. I have backup Program Files on CD.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Glenn

That sounds like the result of a registry cleaner application. Some of them are not compatible with AutoCAD. Even if not, trying to repair each error would probably only be an exercise in futility. I would try a repair. If that doesn't work, uninstall properly. There is a procedure to follow to fully uninstall AutoCAD. Traditional methods do not do the job completely. Then reinstall.

That sounds like the result of a registry cleaner application. Some of them are not compatible with AutoCAD. Even if not, trying to repair each error would probably only be an exercise in futility. I would try a repair. If that doesn't work, uninstall properly. There is a procedure to follow to fully uninstall AutoCAD. Traditional methods do not do the job completely. Then reinstall.

I'm trying to avoid the reinstall if at all possible. Could you be more specific on "Try a repair"?

I meant to say, repair the installation. That option is available from the installation disk/file. It's kind of like reinstalling without uninstalling.

I meant to say, repair the installation. That option is available from the installation disk/file. It's kind of like reinstalling without uninstalling.

Thanks for the input Rob.

I've found after messing with the problem, it is isolated to the drawings sent by a vendor whom I'm currently trying to contact. Now, I can open other files without this problem. I did try to overwrite some program files that were in the error messages and somehow now my other files open fine. That's a good sign.

I'm thinking the vendor must be using add on's or some sort of plug in's, not sure what they're called, but I have downloaded object enablers and haven't had this particular problem up until now. Something similar happened recently with a different vendor and he said no problem, he had add on's and did something, resent and all was fine.

BTW, I was able to open the problem files in DWG TruView without issues.

On hold till I speak with the vendor

Good, sounds like you are on the right track.

Finally copied all the error message files, "all Aec.dLL files", over from my back-up program files and I'm there.

Hope it lasts. I rebooted to make sure and so far so good.

Thanks again Rob and have a great day!

Glenn